We have just over a week of winter left. It has rained gently all week but also there are signs of Spring. My garden is flowering which seems strange when it is so dark outside!
This week I started a new pram blanket using left overs from Lily's. I got out all my wool to see what I have and what looks nice together. A friend gave me loads of cream wool in 8 ply (a while ago) and I want to make the most of this. So this was the first colour scheme to start me off.
d
As I dug and found more I discovered I have a heap of violets-purples and plums that look gorgeous together... so now I am speeding a long because I am excited about the next thing! 😊
I continued on with the #everybitcountschallenge although I need to do some posting on Instagram and catch up there. Overall it has been motivating and I have found information that I can really use. It is fantastic to have those "WHY didn't I ever think of that moments!?" Sometimes we are sitting on a gold mine and don't even know it!
At the moment my eggs are my goldmine and I got to work. First I made another round of Lemon Butter.
This was good as Lemons are my second biggest thing to use up. For Chloe I took a sponge cake, a jar of lemon butter and a container of whipped cream. I saw the boys can assemble it as last time I took it over in the car all put together and it slid like a glacier.... and looked like a ski slope. 🙄
I froze eggs and then popped them out into snap lock bags.
Because eggs are so nutritious they are so valuable. I want my Grandkids having plenty of eggs. So I combined help from Mum and Stephanie to make up brioche egg and bacon rolls. I decided to do this first as I know for sure my Grandsons will devour them.
Stephanie's tip was to do the eggs in the pie maker as then they are perfectly neat a round and nothing sticks. This worked a treat!
I think an egg on top of a muffin, crumpet, in toasted sandwiches... any of these would be good. Good for ourselves on an "I just can't cook night."
When they cooled I wrapped them in non stick paper.
Then they went into the fridge overnight.
Then into plastic bags and into the freezer.
I hope to make a slightly different variety next week.
As I was going away overnight I knew a piece of cut pumpkin should be dealt with... so I cut it up and froze it.
Also I had some capsicums and I chopped and froze those.
We had a sunny day and the troughs that were moved last week were filled with lovely compost. One more step closer to planting.
To add to this today I was given three very large metal containers. Each will hold a huge amount of soil. These are going to be added to my container garden.
They are very heavy and already have good drainage. Lucky I have a huge compost pile. I also found I have cucumbers seeds so I think these might work.
I completed the baby boy pram rug. I almost told Sparkie off for sitting on it then realised what is the point? She has been snuggled up to me the whole time I made it. 🤷
My first wool patchwork rug top is together. Now for a flannelette backing and binding.
The next one is blues and greys.
When I returned home from my trip I had a car loa of thistles and Agave's again. These are all doing my garden a lot of good. They look like instant success!
I also used the trip. (which was to go to the dentist) to go to Aldi and Coles and stock up.
The very last produce from the men in the cabin was freeze dried. I made the most of absolutely everything!
Sparkie thinks it's her duty to accompany while I am still typing.
Haha! Our work here is done. I think it was a good week mainly achieved by the keep at it and every bit counts method.
"She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness." Prof 31. 27. I love all of Proverbs. It is a collection of successes in one sentence. If you have never read the Bible I think it is a good place to start as you can read three lines and be wiser just like that!
Did you find any ways to get ahead this week? I hope so. Even a few extra cans in the pantry are worth celebrating. And oh my goodness I decided I better give Chrsitmass some serious thought too and start a plan! xxx
Comments
Post a Comment