Feather your Nest Friday, 25th October, 2024.

Such a big week but so little to show!  As you know this week Andy's ashes were buried here on the hill and this completed many months of work and carried out his wishes.   I am very pleased with every aspect of it and know Andy would LOVE it.  Someone in town today said to me it is "magnificent."  Well,  it is lovely to hear that but all the goodness and help have come from God.    Leading up to Wednesday I had loads of anxiety and after the service I pretty much went to bed.  

Earlier in the week Mum had a really bad fall.  She had a broom up in the air clearing away cobwebs on the veranda.  I think she was dizzy because she had been fighting a sinus infection.  Anyway she fell backwards hitting her head on the brick pavement.  It was so lucky she did not crack her head open.  She had a cut on one elbow, bruises but nothing broken.  My brother got there first then I went with my overnight bag and stayed with her.   Next thing I was down with probably the same bug Mum had and felt exhausted and dizzy as well.   So really this was a week I often mention... the week when if you keep things going you are doing well but nothing extra is going to happen!  Survival is success!   You can say what I loved about this week is that it's over!  

BUT despite all this things still happened!  

Calf number 11 arrived!  This is quite a collection!   Late this afternoon as I came home from town I spotted a cow over under a tree,  far from the rest.  This only means one thing.  I went and checked on her.   An hour later I went and checked again (about 5 o'clock) ....   and just now, a few minutes before 7pm,  I jumped in the ute, in my nightie... as I could not resist checking again.  And here they both were heading back to join the rest of the cows!   




They both look completely perky and happy!  

The calves are all so quiet. The largest bull calf rubs his head on the ute.  I hang my arm out the window and wait.  They are shy but I wriggle my fingers.   They cannot resist and soon my fingers are being licked.  This is how cows are they are so nosey.  It is truly lovely. 😊




After posting about my "shop" and the beautiful old cabinet my friend messaged me because she saw me mention that if I could find another similar cupboard I could have one whole wall that looks like Nanas kitchen.   She sent me a photo.  She said she had a cupboard in the shed very like the one I have... and it's mine if I want it! 




Yes!  It is very similar!  It will be fantastic!  I am so excited!   These are the times when I just think how God provides the desires of our heart and we don't have to do anything!

The floor rug I ordered for the room turned up also.  So my shop is progressing quietly!

A parcel I ordered came complete with chicken nesting box material.  I don't know if I was more happy with the contents or the packaging! 




So... I am excited that hopefully next week I can work on the shop,  the garden,  get the new cupboard in place.... I also am doing a freezer organising challenge.  AND I have something very exciting to announce! 

In my preparedness journey I have attended two classes by Patsy Norwood from A Working Pantry.   If you click this link it will explain.   I am going to host a free preparedness class by Patsy in our group  The Tuesday Afternoon Club.    You will need to be a member to join in (which is easy) and I will check daily to accept each.  The usual Tuesday club things will continue but our special class will begin with an introduction by Pasty on Sunday and actual class on Monday.   

I can tell you that it will be a great learning experience and also great fun! 

The name of the class is "Circling the Wagons."   



I really hope many of you will join and you will find it encouraging!   I am really excited and very glad to have happy projects to look forward to.  

Meantime I am planning a recover and re group Saturday.   

How did you build up your nest this week?  ANYTHING is good! 

There sure is a lot going on in the world.  Maybe it's time we circled the wagons.xxx


Comments

Popular Posts