Feather your Nest Friday, 18th October, 2024.

Last night it began to rain... I opened every door and window so I could listen to it but then it became a thunderstorm so I was running around shutting them again.  I had 17.5 mils which is a little under three quarters of an inch.  This is the most rain I think, at once, this year.  It has been a bad year!  But right now things are watered and I am very grateful.


Last weekend I used up some bananas in a cake.  I have adopted Stephanie's method and rather than using four baking tins I used my largest baking dish and then at the end cut it into four cakes.  One was given away,  two were frozen,  one was for the worker morning teas.




I also made some apple puree for Lily.   




Lily has quite a bit of hair and she even wore her first hair clip this week.  😍




Today was Tom's fourth birthday.   He was so excited. He loves a party.  Any party.




As usual Chloe created a perfect cake.  Tom kept saying how he LOVED his cake... not just the edible part but before it was cut he was so proud of it!  When I got there he said "come and see my beautiful cake."  😊  




It was on my list this week to look closely at each fruit tree.   I found tiny pears have formed on both pear trees. THOUSANDS of them.






So now it is on next weeks list (when my helpers are here)  to net these trees.  Last nights rain would have helped them along too.    

Calf number 10 arrived on Saturday!  Doris still is pregnant even a thunderstorm didn't get her going.  I think tonight is a full moon.  Maybe that will do it?   

The older calves have formed a small gang.






The calf at the front... he is the bravest and always the first.  I am allowed to pat his nose.   

I made a batch of soap with men in mind since so many things I make are girlie.  This is made from a bunch of Rosemary steeped in olive oil.    I added Eucalyptus oil as well.   It smells really good!  I am so pleased with it.  




The boys came over and wanted to hold the chickens.  






We had to swap out two at a time for variety.   😊


I would rather have nothing on my walls than something I don't love.  But I was in a store and saw this... it is quite big.   So I bought it as a present to myself! 






My room "The Shop" has made a little progress.   I am trying to do something every day.  Mostly small things... like a nice floor rug.   The paper has arrived to lie the cupboard at the back and the drawers... I can't wait to do this it is going to look beautiful! 

AND a friend read my blog and asked me if I would like another cupboard like the one I traded for?  Yes!  The wall has space for two together...  I haven't seen it yet but I am so excited.   What a dream.  How amazing is that?   From a bit of progress to a lot of progress!  
So now I have a real vision for the room which is to be a very vintage kitchen/pantry theme and to add lots of baskets and cast iron pots.   It will be a very happy space but also just like a shop in my own home.   This will take a while but that is ok!  It is so good to have a plan,  a dream and a goal.   

I hope you had a good week,  are safe,  have electricity....  (a lot of storms here also this week.)  How did you build up your home, pantry or garden?  I am so glad I have sisters here I can share my week with.  It is just so much more fun this way.xxx







Comments

Popular Posts