Feather your Nest Friday, 2nd February, 2024.

I did not know if I could post or would have anything to post.  Firstly, thank you to you all for such kind messages, comments, emails, card and more.  I have been overwhelmed with kindness.  Here at home I have also been given help, support and love.    Even the lady who came to collect Andy and at the funeral home is a Christian and has been absolutely wonderful.  



There had to be a Coroners report and when I had the results of that (which was that Andy's heart gave out) I called his cardiologists office to let him know.   I did not expect it but the cardiologist called me back and spoke to me for quite a while.   He had known Andy since 1997.   Andy was born with a value defect and it was always known some day he would need surgery.  This was put off for as long as possible and performed in 2007.   So this had taken place several years before Andy and I got back together (after dating when we were 15 and 16)  but he never made a very big deal about it.   He continued to see the cardiologist every two years.   The last time was April last year.  At that time he got a great report, a thorough check and scan etc.   I wanted to know this because of the number of things Andy did pre Christmas to prepare for his death... I thought maybe he knew something and kept it quiet.  But the cardiologist said no, the report was genuinely good.   He asked me a bunch of questions and he said well he knew what happened and it would have been instant.   He was very sorry but he said Andy had reinvented himself and had a whole new wonderful life since 2007 until 2024.

A dear friend sent me the verse "The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him, though he may stumble, he will not fall, for  the LORD upholds him with his hand."   She quoted the verses Psalms 37. 23 and 24 so when I looked it up I took a screen shot. 

It interested me that Andy had indeed fallen that day, as I read this verse.

Another friend told me to have Andy's Bible next to me as it would comfort me.   I got it and opened it randomly and read "though he fall,  he does not lie prostrate,  for the hand of the Lord sustains him."

I thought hang on... this is THAT verse.  I checked the reference and it was the same,  just slightly different wording but the same Psalm 37.

I was amazed.  So I believe Andy fell backwards, died instantly and the Lords hand lifted him back up.

He had certainly be preparing.  Both spiritually and physically.  

Another help to me was this small video by a Priest I really love.  How to hear Gods voice.   Indeed I was able to think of an endless list of things to be grateful for.   Andy didn't suffer.  Many women who lose their husbands lose their security,  income and even home but I will not.  I have a new Grand baby due in five weeks.  Andy organised everything and made his wishes known.  I am not left wondering about his relationship with God.   I could go on listing my blessings for pages and pages until you beg me to stop.

Yesterday I went to the funeral home. There were papers to sign.   Andy was there (retuned from Adelaide) and I had it in my mind I could not see his face again as I saw it in death already and that was too much.   But it had never occurred to me (before yesterday) that I could pray for him, sit with him and hold his hand.   When I realised that I determined to pray with him.

I have never been to a viewing or anything before.  However I sat with Andy who was covered and it was very peaceful.  I uncovered his hand and held it.  It was still soft.  I kissed his hands then I uncovered his feet and kissed his feet.  I uncovered the top of his head and kissed his head.  I hugged him and prayed the Our Father over him.  I thanked the Lord for him and gave him to God.  I made the sign of the cross on myself and on Andy.  Then I hugged and kissed him some more.  

I am sharing this because for anyone like me who does not think you could see the face of your loved one then there are opportunities to pray with them,  kiss their hands or be with them quietly.  I got to say goodbye and thank you's which I had not been able to do before.   I am very grateful for that.

After Christmas I had told Andy that I need to move on from my Nana's dining room table and get a much bigger one so we could more easily host the growing family.   I described how I would like a rustic farmhouse table.  He thought it was a great idea and he said he would like to buy it for me.   Within a week I had it ordered and paid a deposit.

In his office he had left money to cover the cost of the table.  I took that in to the store yesterday and in a week they will deliver it.  This will be a beautiful last present from Andy.   I will certainly be taking a photo when that arrives and is in place. 

I began going through photos and personal items.  He kept every card and letter I ever wrote him and I kept everyone he ever wrote me.  At Christmas and my Birthday he had given me gorgeous cards, the last being for my birthday with he signed "forever yours."   

Today Andy was cremated.  It was his wish as he wants his ashes here on the farm and he had chosen an exact spot.   So this is where mine will go along with his when the time comes.

To get through this day I decided to keep busy.  I decided to attempt to do 100 jobs.  Mostly small.   The place is a mess.  I wrote down each thing,  take out the rubbish,  take out more rubbish,  go through some more photos, wash the bed linen.   I didn't get to 100 but I got to 60.  

I planted seedlings.  I know I need to keep my garden going.




Did the watering.

Checked the cows and troughs.




I was given cucumbers and plums...






We have a house on a hill that was once a workers cottage.    Since we lived here Andy had it as a music studio.   I have not ventured up there yet.  The front yard though has broken out in gorgeous pink Lillies.




I am setting goals.  Humble goals.  Tomorrow my goal is to make a few dozen Honey Gingerbread biscuits to take to Harper, Scarlett and Sidney.   Mum and I have the goal to go visit them on Sunday.

My next goal is to use a frozen turkey roll and a tray of homemade stuffing I made as a spare at Christmas... and cook this up with lots of roast veggies on Tuesday.    This would give me a couple of meals and as I accompany Chloe on Wednesday (next goal) and we return Thursday... she will have a beautiful roast meal in the fridge and all she will have to do is heat it up.  I will have one too.   It is only five weeks until Chloe's baby is due!   As I am having trouble knowing what day it is I am writing everything down, what I have to do each day.

I want to thank everyone who has prayed for me.  I am quite sure this has held me up.   From my Mum making me sandwiches I can toast for dinner to local farmers offering me help I've had a lot of kindness.

I can tell you that having spare meals in the freezer is a good thing.  I could still help Chloe with a meal last week because I could just grab it from the freezer.  I have many single meals for when I need them.  

Jane sent me a gift of beautiful bowl covers she made...



They are gorgeous, reversible and will be endlessly used.

Wendy sent me a beautiful card and the gift of a stack of hand made thank you cards.    I am going to have a lot of people to thank so how thoughtful.





We had photos on Christmas Day but this is a more recent photo that I really like.




In my not knowing what to do and not knowing what to share one of my main thoughts has been that we have been proclaiming our love of God,  our desire to follow Him,  to learn and grow closer.    Andy had really put his heart and soul into scripture and prayer and learning.   He died with a cross in his pocket.  For me to fall now would be to let him down and demonstrate that our faith is worthless and all talk.  

The icing on the cake for the day is that there is a fire.  I just found out.  I can smell it.  I drove up the hill and this is what I see...




Andy knew how to out the overhead sprinklers on and I do not.  But Johnnie is on his way.  I can see from the website here are 16 units and six air craft already there.  

I would be grateful if you would share your week as usual.  How did you build up your home, pantry or garden?  In Australia there were massive power outages in several locations.  Be ready and practiced for power outages!   

I also got a freaky letter from my bank.  They listed my relatives and amongst them was someone I never heard of.  I thought this has to be a scam.  I took it into the bank and asked.  It was real.  Now I know several people who got them.  They want to know who your siblings are...   a bunch of things that are none of their business.   I removed my money!   

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life,  nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth,  nor any other creature,  shall be able to seperate us from the love of God,  which is in Jesus Christ our Lord."    Hence even this week and last cannot. xxx





Comments

  1. Annabel a-list is a great way to get things done and remind yourself of all you are achieving. A list of the things you need to learn will also be forming I have no doubt. You are a can do person. Are these lists of relatives an extra layer of identification to deter fraud? I have not heard of it at this stage, though supposedly my bank sent me a new card which has never arrived! I will collect the new one from my branch.
    We have been in Melbourne helping with our granddaughters as their baby brother was born this morning. Children remind me how to see the world in a different light. Counting my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annabel you have had so much to do to look after Andy. It is good that you are starting to look forward and set yourself achievable goals.
    I am so glad that you like your bowl covers. When I saw the fabric it just screamed 'Annabel' at me. I put a photo on social media and someone asked me if they were for Annabel. You are well known for your love of the old fashioned rose fabrics.
    It has been so hot and humid that I am spending a lot of time inside in the air con. I have been getting a few small things made to add to my household. I also did some mending for a local Gent and got paid in fresh fish fillets. We had home made fish and chips for dinner that night.
    I have a niece who's baby was due on Feb 1st. Her brother and his partner are expecting twins in May. I have been busy making items to send once the bubs arrive.
    My veranda was looking a mess. We had the dead freezer and washing machine at one end. The little girls paddle pool and a mess of toys was in one area. I have spent a bit of time each day, in the early morning hours, gradually working on the veranda. Today I gave it a pressure clean and got the last of the clutter put away. It is now a beautiful area to spend time in once more.
    It's been a bit of this and a bit of that week, but things have been happening.
    Life is Good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a beautiful person! It’s amazing to me that you can share your faith at such a devastating time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this post. As you describe your days and faith, you are sharing a beautiful way to live out the hardest of times. And yet, there is such practical goodness and joy in the Lord through it all. We keep building up the home and the family and the Lord will comfort us and walk with us. I am continuing to keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Annabel, your writing is such a gift. It is so wonderful to hear about Andy, thank you for being so generous in talking about him. I am amazed at the Bible verses. He loves you so much, I am amazed at his own preparedness. Buying you that table is beautiful and I know that you will feel him. I continue to pray and will do so every day.
    I picked up some casual hours when the children were at school and were near them. I found a heaps of small plastic pots for free. And I bought some children’s clothes on sale from Target for less than $4 a piece, even pyjama sets. I try and do two sizes in advance. I don’t have any streaming services. I worry about what the kids can see on there so I borrow dvds from the library and buy them for 50c I got some good ones this week. I’m trying to move my body more, sometimes I skip, or do yoga or move in the lounge room, all for free.
    Lots of love, Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annabel, My heart goes out to you dear. Surrounding you in my prayers for comfort and peace.
    I am happy to hear you were able to say your goodbyes to Andy. He will always be on the farm overlooking and watching over you.

    I had a busy week of travel, my husband's business season has started. It was our first trip of the season. We both laughed because we aren't in rhythm with it, hopefully we will have it down within 3 trips at most. It was small things like not taking husband's pillow, his better driving gloves, but things that make travel easier.

    I was blessed at thrift stores, I prayed to find binders to help organize my paperwork. Well the Lord stepped in and I found 7 of the better quality. 99 cents for 3 and $2.08 for a total of 4 taped together. I need some new dish towels, the hand towels size and dish size, I found a towel to cut for the dish size and a table cloth for the hand size, I will crochet edging on the cut table cloth ones. Both were half off at $2 each. I needed a basket to put some homemade butters and jelly in with a crocheted item for a present, the Lord lead me to the perfect one and only 99 cents. It is amazing how you find needs when you pray before you shop.
    I also came home with many goodies from the hotel, husband was given 2 bottles of water and a package of Milano cookies when he checked in. Between the 2 of us we came home with pears, muffins, pumpkin seeds and chopped dried apricot. I even brought home the paper coffee cups from the room to use to start seedlings.
    So all in all a good week of blessings.

    My thoughts and prayers are with all Bluebirds, may the Lord bless all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling Annabel, you set us all an amazing example of how to face the worst days of our lives with grace. I appreciate all you have shared and written. Right now I am looking at a room full of material - I have pulled it out of boxes, cupboards and all sorts of hidey places. I am sorting it and cutting some up for cloths, making doggie beds and all sorts of things. Also a Mumma hen hid and hatched 4 tiny chicks to surprise me this week. The chicks are so tiny I have had to weave a piece of lace in and out the cage so they don't just walk through the bars. Sending you much love Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely and beautiful post. We move forward day by day and I agree with you, that doing our best each day is honoring our loved ones in the best way possible. Your love shows in this writing and I pray for you comfort and strength in the coming days. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing with us during this time.
    With much love,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m so grateful you got to say goodbye and pray with Andy, Annabel. I’m grateful for scripture and faith, but those tender mercies in such heavy burdens also feel like blessings, even if the circumstances aren’t. I’m praying for you and yours, and sending so much love.

    We just finished our greenhouse, and it’s beautiful and functional all at once. This last week I started two trays of various seeds. I live in growing zone 5, but the winter has been very mild and I want to be prepared to get things in the ground or in the massive garden bed that’s in the greenhouse. And speaking of that garden bed, my son and husband went to a service project to help a family clean up their yard. They took three big garbage cans and our trailer and came back with them full of leaves, which they dumped into the bed to begin filling it up. I’ll use compost to fill the rest, but this bed is so massive, it was nice to have a free layer of an inch or two that will be nurturing to the plants and soil. I know there will be lots of errors as I use my greenhouse, but I’m very excited and grateful to have the opportunity to learn as I try.

    My son wants to learn to make pizza dough so he can have pizza whenever he wants it (he’s a growing teen and pretty much hungry all the time, now). I told him that I would teach him, but he had to make both bread and pizza dough. We’re going to start today, haha! Whatever helps him learn to cook!

    Take care of yourself,
    Katie C

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband and I continue to hold you close in our prayers. We can see your faith shining through. I am so happy that you could spend that time saying good bye to Andy. May the Lord continue to uphold you and bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Annabel (and everyone),

    Thank you for sharing so much of yourself and Andy. I see so much love in both of your actions, and in your writing. You are in my prayers every day. Annabel, you are doing so well putting one foot in front of the other. Setting small written goals is a wonderful idea. (Please know that sharing your experience with your loved one has helped me, as that is something I have felt unable to face, and your beautiful actions did not occur to me on my own.)

    This past week I had a couple of big baking days for snacks for my husband and for my dad's birthday (butter cookies, snack mix, cookie cake, a big roast with crushed tomatoes, veggies, and pasta, apple crumble, chocolate-strawberry muffins, jam). My dad got sent home with extra meals and cake, and just loved it. Extra lemons went into homemade lemonade and the peels for lemon vinegar for cleaning. My husband is doing well this week and eating well; he's lost hair this time so I knitted him a hat this week to keep him warm. Stitches went into a few big cross stitch pieces for the house as I had time. An impulsive stop at a thrift shop yielded 6 new packages of cross-stitch fabric ($2 each) and a like-new baked goods cookbook for $3. Lots of house and garage cleaning and airing out has been happening after the ice storm. I had a huge pile of pieces of my old desk in the garage (very heavy and too much for me to move on my own) that the city came and picked up for me. It is such a relief to have that space cleared!

    I hope everyone has a good weekend.
    <3
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been thinking of you all week Annabel. I love the story of the table, I hope you’ll think of Andy and feel him with you every time you have the family around it. You’ve shared so many examples of his thoughtfulness, what a special man.

    This was my first week of work and some of the kids have started back at school. So it’s been an adjustment. I’ve met some lovely and helpful people.

    I hope you have a lovely visit on Sunday and your trip with Chloe goes well.

    Jen (NZ)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Annabelle, thank you for this post. Your faith and love for Andy shine through so brightly. Yes, lean on the Lord because he will NEVER let you down. I will continue praying for you. Peggy S

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been praying for you every day since hearing of your Andy’s passing. Reading this post of how you were able to say “Goodbye” to him brought tears to my eyes! I’m so thankful you had that opportunity! It amazes me how you are able to share about all this from the beginning! It’s a blessing to hear how God is surrounding you with family and friends to help out where needed. Praying that continues and for God’s peace and continued comfort in the days, weeks and months ahead. You are such an inspiration! Thank-you So Much for sharing! Love and Hugs,
    Nana C. (aka Laura C.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Annabel, so good to see your post and to hear your thoughts about Andy, especially about how he would want you to continue on with the things you both loved. I'm glad you have a new grandbaby coming. Somehow children help us see the good things in life. I thought you might like to know that your past blogs have inspired me to hatch my own eggs, and so this week I hatched some Welsh Harlequin ducklings. They are the cutest. I wish I could send you a video of them. They make me smile. I have been praying for you and will continue. "Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted."

    ReplyDelete
  17. Annabel, you are a beautiful person, inside and out. Your love and grace just glows through your words. One day at a time, one step at a time. Many hugs and prayers to you. Cindy Norred

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing these days with us. You are still teaching us all, even through the very hardest of times, how to walk with dignity, grace, and love.

    The confluence of the Bible verses is so amazing. God's hand is in all, always.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing. I remember reading about a man who lost his daughters in an accident. He said the only way he survived was to walk through his house and make a list of everything that needed to be done and then start doing it. That has stuck with me and anytime I get in a hard place in life, that’s what I do…keep busy. I know there is a need to grieve, but grieving can be done while I am staying busy and I feel that would be what my loved one would want. From the stories you have shared, Andy seems to have to set up everything so you could continue on - what a beautiful tribute to him and his heart!
    You are in my prayers daily Annabel. For strength, comfort and courage. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Once again such a beautiful post! Your openness and sharing of the Bible is heart felt! I am glad you got to say your goodbyes to Andy! And what a wonderful example you provide for all of us! Deaths- grief can effect each differently. I love your proactive messages! Goal setting has always helped me in good and tough times! Your bank situation is spooky!- what happens down under will soon be happening in midway usa. We must continue to prepare for whatever is coming…change it will be. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Annabel,

    What another rough week you have had. I love that you shared your intimate good-bye with Andy...such an encouragement to all of us. It's so hard to be both happy for your loved one and grief-stricken at your own loss, both at the same time. You have done so well to "just do the next thing"...your 100 goals was a brilliant strategy; even if you "only" got to 60, it kept you busy and moving. You will love your table and will think of Andy every time your family gathers around it; what a beautiful gift. I don't think you can ever say that you aren't a strong witness to Christ, Annabel...your love for Christ shines through each post (and I'm sure to everyone you meet), and you were blessed to have a husband who also shared this love. Thank you so much for your kingdom work here and elsewhere...you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers.

    You have asked us to share what we've been up to this week: I've been busily sewing on a new dress for myself. I'm very excited that I actually made a muslin ahead of time and moved bust darts for a better fit (a new technique for me, but it made all the difference from a dumpy fit to a tailored one!). I'm hoping to get it finished up tomorrow and wear it to church on Sunday, if we're not snowed in, as a big storm is on its way. Made yogurt, cookies for lunches, did laundry, did the weekly cleaning, did some planning for the year ahead. I'm on a mission to clear out a room to be able to paint it, so will be starting work on that this next week. A lot of my work this week has been spending time in scripture and in prayer...Andy's death and some serious health issues with a close family member have had me really looking at things with fresh eyes, and what a comfort and help time with the Lord has been! It is amazing the PRACTICAL help that is given when you ask the Lord for it! (Just like you've mentioned praying before going grocery shopping, prayer truly is both nourishing and also helpful on the ground, so to speak.)

    I pray that the fire will be quickly contained and that you will have a good week ahead.

    Lots of love, Jen in NS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Annabel you post was lovely and we see your love for Andy.
    This week was about finding thing that saved money. My friend is closing her craft shop and I went to see her. I got some love thing, Sally is such a lovely lady and I’m going to miss her stock.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Annabel I am so pleased to hear that you got to say goodbye to Andy, I know that would be a comfort for you 🙏

    Even in adversity you inspire, your 100 things list made me smile, it is so you, and I think we can all learn from your approach 😊

    Wendy’s cards are absolutely beautiful and such a thoughtful gift, she is a good friend indeed.

    I pray that you stay safe and sound with the fires nearby.

    I made an enormous zucchini chocolate cake this week, the recipe came from instagram, and I’m always a bit dubious about some of these recipes, but I have to report it was delicious! And big enough to feed an army LOL

    I baked all our bread from scratch this week, in the whole month of January I only bought 2 bread items which I am a wee bit proud of. It’s cheaper and healthier to make our own. I’ve started clearing an area in the backyard to plant heaps of pineapple pups that are shooting off my plants. I’m so excited for that.

    But to end on a not so favourable note, hubby came down with covid this week, then myself and one of our sons caught it yesterday, and I feel absolutely dreadful. I haven’t even got out of bed yet. This will be twice around for hubby and I and 3 times for our son!! So I’m gathering that not much will get done this coming week. Thank goodness for a well stocked pantry and freezer and medicine box!! 🙏

    From Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gift of grace Andy had, to prepare. A Christ-incidence! So touching, about the cross in his pocket. And so kind of the cardiologist to call and talk. Thank you for the priest's link. And the info about your bank. I always feel that what happens in your area will come to mine next! andrea

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Annabelle, I wanted to share a memorial/ bereavement gift idea. It is taking a shirt or pair of jeans and making a pillow from it. I was especially thinking of your little Tom and how he might like to snuggle with a pillow of Grandpa Andy's shirt, or it could even be made from a pajama shirt.

    With love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't ever comment here, but I do read your blog and I just had to let you know how sorry I was about Andy. I am so glad you have such a wonderful support system around you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Annabel, I live in the US, and have enjoyed your blog for quite some time. You have come to my mind many times since I read of Andy's passing and each time I pray for you. God has you firmly in his hand!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Annabel, I'm catching up on blog reading, and keeping you in my thoughts. Setting goals I'm sure will help as the days go forward.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Annabel I am so glad you were able to pray with and for Andy. He left you are lovely gift in the money for the table that will I am sure bring great joy and beauty to your home and would love to see a picture when you have it in place. I am so glad you removed your money from the bank that had wrong family members listed and wanted information that they shouldn't be asking for.

    “And again, blessed are all they that mourn, for they shall be comforted” (3 Nephi 12:4).

    “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).

    In the home -
    I deep cleaned a cupboard in the kitchen by vacuuming it out as it is masonite shelving and cannot be cleaned with a damp cloth.
    Online I ordered a carpet runner for the rumpus room, 2 sets of pedestal mats, toilet lid covers and shower mats and another rug for the lounge room, and two mats for the kitchen in front of the sink.
    We got our new 2 seater lounge in place in the lounge room all 120kg of it and yes had to get it up 5 stairs which was a logistical nightmare but we got there.
    Financial -
    I banked a fair amount into my saving for my new car fund.
    Did some work on the budget and fine tuned it as I had way too much allowed for some bills. We had a land valuation that went up considerable and I wasn't sure exactly how much the rates would go up so I allowed extra.
    In the kitchen
    We made all meals and bread from scratch and I am pleased to say that my attempts so far at spending less on groceries are paying off and we were $192.63 under budget for January.
    In the gardens
    Not much done as the temperatures were so high but one day it was a bit cooler so we got the lawns mowed and DH trimmed all the mulberry tree branches that were hanging down too low so he could get the ride on under there.

    You are in our prayers.

    Lorna.


    ReplyDelete
  30. The Lord bless you during this time. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to your readers. My family and I continue to take you before the Throne.

    My week has been full of looking to the ways of my household. My daughter, Eden, is applying to a wonderful university. She and I toured the campus and met with 2 of her future professors. We are very excited for her. She plans to write and illustrate her own books. She intends to work from home so she can be at home with her children (if the Lord provides).
    My husband repaired my oven. I have been enjoying baking larger amounts.
    On a recent trip to the big city, I purchased a vintage map of the United States. I was blessed to find a picture frame with a mat at the thrift store. It took some time to frame it, but what a savings! We will use this map for school. I stocked up on contact paper to cover cardboard organizers. And put the organizers to use. Also my daughter, Molly, and I attended an estate sale this morning. The lady who had passed had a huge supply of sewing notions, fabric, and thread. We both did very well in stocking our stash at a fraction of the price. I was also proud that we both purchased carefully supplies that we would actually use.
    Love and prayers,
    Leslie in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear Heart, I am once again so inspired by your courage and the blessings you pass on to so many including me. I am so thankful everyone has helped you and that you were able to spend the precious time with Andy. This testimony of yours goes against everything the world throws at us, and speaks Christ so sweetly. The love the two of you shared was such a precious thing, and the tale of it is so endearing to your readers. Annabelle, you are a lovely person and you are very brave.
    I am glad you closed out the bank account, that was a terrible thing to try and put over on you during this time. I hope the fire did no damage and that there won't be anymore!
    I am so glad your friends blessed you in kindness. I especially love hearing from Jane, I never think of her without thinking of her Spencer, he looked so much like my own son when he was little. He always made me smile. I miss the Tuesday club but I won't go back on face book due to shenanigans of some there. Scammers are everywhere, but I am thankful to read your blog which I started with in the first place. You are still inspiring me!
    I don't have a lot to share, but I was able to use some coupons this week, including getting a free gallon of milk with a purchase, and I found some leaf lettuce seeds that were not be found last year. Not so long ago, I bought a beautiful pink satiny rosey blouse at the thrift store, way too big, but I bought it because it made me think of you and your love of rose fabrics. My Momma would have loved it too! She loved girly things!
    Annabelle, I pray blessings over your family, and the new baby coming. Ann Austin

    ReplyDelete
  32. Annabel,
    Sending you my thoughts and best wishes as you navigate your way through these difficult times.
    Thankyou for sharing your and Andy's story together. I am struck by how your story matches that of my own family member. They are beautiful to know and hear about.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Annabel, I have read your beautiful post with tears in my eyes. The power of praying with Andy and have your good bye will help you over the rest of your life. I did the same with my Mother and it was peaceful, I felt the bond with her and her love all around me.I knew she will be with me forever. And that special gift, what a clever man - now he will sit with you and the family at the table every time! Just shows Andy loved you all and wanted to be with you for ever. We have cold, damp and grey days here, I was working, knitting on two comissions, cooking, baked an apple pie to use up the dehydrated apples, and, in order to escape all the bad news I was watching a lot of art related shows/documentaries. It helped me! Please take care of yourself. You are an example of strength, dignity, delicacy and love to me and many Bluebirds. Sending love from far away, Laura_s_world from Romania

    ReplyDelete
  34. Dear Annabel, thank you so much for posting an update on how you are doing. I think of you often right now. I am now over a year out from my DH passing, and have found staying busy helped me immensely. I had lists and lists! I am thankful you have family close. Healing sparkles headed your way. Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Just seeing this… I am well prepared for most possibilities so my week of preparing is mostly just collecting clothes and supplies for the first grandbaby. She’s now 3 months old and I want to have some clothes in the next few sizes as well as cloth diapers and the necessities. If it all goes sideways s I would like to have he4 basic needs met for the next three years. About half way there.
    Mournings your wonderful husband but delighted to know he is with the father and you can find him there when the time comes. Much love. Patti from California

    ReplyDelete
  36. Dear Annabel
    You have been and are Grace, Strength and Courage in the face of losing your Soulmate Andy.
    You are truly an inspiration to us all.
    Much love
    Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Just want you to know I’m praying for you. Blessings dear friend. 🙋🏼‍♀️🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts