Laine' Letters. Marvellous Mondays.


 Dear Sisters,

After a lovely weekend with my husband, there is nothing I like better than to bless my house on a Monday. I wrote about my daily five minute clean and tidy "practice, practice, practice" system for almost every room in my house. Well, once that "work out" is completed for the day, I switch gears and move a little slower next on the first day of the work week. Why? Because it's Marvelous Monday! 

I just love Mondays. ♥️

Mondays are the day I bless my house. I believe I got that idea from the Flylady years ago. And I just loved the idea of blessing my house through a good, more thorough weekly cleaning. 

The first thing I do is polish all my wood furniture. So I go from room to room polishing anything wood. 

Next, I grab my glass cleaner and clean all the glass items or mirrors in my house, again,  from room to room. 

Then I empty all the small trash bins in any of the rooms.

I water all my plants...all two of them. 🙂

After that, I bring out my big vacuum and vacuum all the carpets and floors. I like getting everything really clean for my next move.

Which is mopping. I mop all the floors in the house with a touch of scent.

Lastly, I sweep our front patio and tidy up out there. Then I water all the outside plants.

The blessing of the home is now complete. 😊 It usually takes about an hour. It is such a good feeling afterward. A bit of an extended workout.

Sometimes life upends a Marvelous Monday home blessing. If that happens, I can turn it to the next day which is Terrific Tuesday! If that doesn't work, I can split the work up between days. The important thing is just to bless my house.

Which always makes me feel marvelous. Or sometimes terrific...

Love,
Laine

Comments

  1. Fantastic idea, thank you. I am enjoying these letters immensely!
    Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laine I prefer Terrific Tuesday to bless my house. I am out Monday and Wednesday so Tuesday is the day for me. My home is tiled throughout and with a little dog, who sheds an amazing amount of hair, and a wonderful but extremely grotty husband, I run my stick vacuum over the house most days and a quick microfibre mop. I use a feather duster on the blinds and all surfaces every couple of days. On the first Tuesday of every month the big guns come out. I move all the furniture I can and using the big vacuum get in everywhere. Vacuuming is followed by a good steam mopping. Monthly Terrific Tuesday is when all the ceiling fans get a good clean. On Thursday is when I deep clean the bathroom, laundry and toilet. As it is so hot and humid at the moment I am cleaning the shower bay most days to stop mould developing. I hadnt ever thought to call this 'Blessing my home'. This is how I will think about these tasks from now on. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Laine and Annabel!
    I love the idea of Marvelous Mondays! Around here, I try to have a day for each task. For example, on Mondays I usually iron, besides all the daily tasks (meal preaparation, dishes, making the bed, etc), on Tuesdays I clean the bathrooms, on Wednesdays I dust and so on.
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this wonderful encouragement, Laine and Annabel. I felt that today when I cleaned the bathrooms...that it really is blessing our family. It is wonderful to have a family and a home to call ours, so it is best I appreciate it and look after it. I have to break my jobs into daily tasks, bathrooms and dusting one day, vacuuming and mopping the next. I would love a stick vacuum, I think. Thank you for the encouragement. Love, Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. My schedule is like Paula's. I have certain rooms for each day. Monday is bathrooms, Tuesday is bedrooms, etc. It works well. Since I've been down with a knee injury, my daily chores have gone from 30 minutes to about 2 hrs. with necessary resting so I don't collapse. Everything takes considerably longer. Bless my husband's heart...he's the official vacuumer and mopper these days!!

    I'm loving your letters, Laine! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laine

    Well after reading this letter you have certainly changed my outlook on Monday's. This has always been a day I have dreaded. My house get's blessed on a Wednesday as I find less distractions on this day as both my close friend's work so little chance of drop in for a coffee. I love the method you use as well.

    I am lucky in the fact that my partner will help me out with things if it has been a hectic week and I haven't had a chance to get everything done, we just get in and get it done on a weekend.

    Thank you for the lovely letter

    Aly xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts