October began with pouring rain. A dream come true for the area kind of rain. 🌧
My loved on who had surgery then complications has been in hospital 10 days now but is expected to be allowed to continue to heal at home from tomorrow!
Last week I realised it looked like a normal week. I still cooked, sewed, gardened, preserved and lots of things. I am much better off if I keep busy and productive. I feel I can help with home cooked meals.
So this week I completed a single bed size blanket for my gift cupboard. I really enjoyed making this.
I did a little sewing and lots of cutting out and going through fabrics and trims to make "sets" to put together.
With certain people in mind I'm on farm, work dogs and chicken themes at the moment!
They are really thick, full of wool.
I also made a ton (37) pasties and they are round because I used the pie maker. (Which is slightly confusing but they taste really good.)
This tray went over to Chloe's. By tray I mean cardboard box. 😊
I made a double batch of honey crackles for the Grandchildren.
And a large quiche that was lunches and dinners.
I have had the freeze drier working hard. And now I've made my first jar of green powder to add to sauces and soups and so on.
This could be finer. But it's ok. I feel like I've joined the big league lol to make green powder!
This consists o parsley, celery, silver beet and broccoli. It needs a shake up but I like the layers!
I can make another jar over the next week. I have spinach, celery, parsley and broccoli leaves.... so I will just keep on going!
My friends went to the city and brought me back two boxes of seedlings. I got them all planted right away. Mostly tomatoes and capsicums. I filled a lot of raised beds! Within a couple of house of getting them in it began to rain. It rained all night and all the next day. Actually it is still raining. All these seedlings look amazing. The timing was incredible!
This weekend is a long weekend. I have a couple using the cabin and I can''t wait to see them. They always bring me a box of produce and it is always a surprise!
The boys were here yesterday. Tom was just fascinated with giant nuts and bolts and dynabolts and whatever this big ones are? He would really like some. 😊
When I got the lambs I went through my packs of milk powder. One packet was looking old and I did not use that. Another packet was past use by date but looked fine and I used that. Since I have bought a new supply for whatever babies come next. I thought well this is milk, milk has calcium, tomatoes like calcium.... so I stirred it into my tomato beds.
In the orchard the middle pear tree is completely covered in blossoms. Maybe the most ever! I need to get a photo of that.
Today in the thrift store I got pure wool, lovely gingham fabric and a dress for Chloe.
It has been a week of angels. We had Michaelmass which is a feast of Michael, Raphael and Gabriel. I have loved angels all my life and Mum, Nana and Chloe have all seen their angels. Not me. Maybe one day!
Amongst close friends all week angels have been in our contestations. Even today, in the thrift store, a lovely lady was helping me. We were talking and it led me to say I believe in Angels and she looked me straight in the eye and said so do I.
When I first went back to Mass it was not long after Andy's death. There I met our Priest, Father Dev, who assisted me so much. At times I wondered if he was an angel. (Since we know a person can be an angel in disguise.)
After two years Father Dev moved on and was replaced by a new temporary Priest. We were all very sorry for Father Dev to go. Then we got Father Tony.
Father Tony was the complete polar opposite to Father Dev. The first Mass our eyes were all like saucers he was so different! But he was wonderful! In the few months he was here he hugely benefitted my whole family and my friend. He made things happen!
So then his replacement was to arrive this week. I thought there is no way we can top these two Priests. But I resolved we are lucky to HAVE a Priest, to be able to attend Mass and all the other things from our community.
Today we went to Friday Mass at noon and the new Priest was there. I don't actually know his name so far.
Now I will tell you the next bit. On top of Angels being the current subject the Mass began and it was all about Angels. I had a verse planned for tonights post as I think as I go through the week what I am going to say and how to express it. So this verse I was set on.
In the readings my verse was there. And several others. My mouth fell open!
So... I consider myself very blessed. I aim to be an encourager. Everyone seems to have hardship and difficulty right now. I have so many blessings and I appreciate each one! I am grateful everyday.
Like when Andy died I thought I will either stop blogging or just keep typing and say this is what happened this week. This is real, this is the truth and this was my week. I still can't go back and read what I wrote!
This week has also been one of the worst weeks of my life. That is saying something. And we all have these weeks. We sure do.
I just want to be honest. My life looks lovely and as I said I have so many blessings. But also it is not perfect.
"Do the next thing" has kept me going.
The verse I was determined to share that turned up at Mass today is -
"He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armour and protection."
And I will add "For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."
The new Priest is wonderful. We are so blessed. Mass was personally written for me. I was nearly in tears.
Now I am tired. I have to wake the dog up each time I want to pick up my crochet. Using what I have I am on a chocolate, cream and green baby boy pram rug.
I have declared tomorrow to be a get back on my feet rest day.
Keep going. Don't be discouraged. Have joy that surpasses all understanding and have hope. Keep at doing little things as you can do them. Take every opportunity to add kindness and goodness. xxx
Comments
Post a Comment