If the stars, planets and tides align I hope photos will work for me tonight!
I believe... that with Ai, and hackers, and all the things going on that our days may be numbered online. So many people are reporting all kinds of problems with everything from their blogs to their bank accounts. Be vigilant and have paper copies of everything!
It has been one big week. I am not organised enough to report it in order so I will start with today. I have a lovely man using the cabin. He wrote to me ages ago and he used to work on this property many many years ago. It was his dream to come back. Recently I decided to say yes ok and explained to him about the cabin and my barter system. Well, wouldn't you know it.... his wife and him are organic gardeners, he is a fisherman and they preserve. He arrived with whiting, homemade sausages, dried liver treats for dogs, olives, herbs, so many fresh veggies. It all smells incredible.
I am menu planning (in my head) and will get to work on this all tomorrow!! How exciting!
During the week I did a celery harvest and filled this big laundry hamper. It is so super green.
My cook up was a big spaghetti sauce and then I made a lasagne to freeze.
Last week I was given local potatoes. They needed using, some were a little soft, damaged or slightly green so no time to waste. I followed The Farmers Wife and par boiled a heap, got them cold (and seasoned) then froze them. These go into the air frier, however many you need at a time and are ready in 15 minutes, golden and crispy! Now I am thinking of all the potatoes I've wasted over the years and I could have done this!
Then I made up mashed potatoes and froze in one cup amounts. I topped these with cheese them froze them. I just can pop out one when I want some mash.
One night I was tired and I put the spaghetti sauce over the potato and topped it with cheese and it was delicious!
My celery was chopped and I froze three big lots. I ls freeze dried Parsley and froze what would not fit in the trays. The frozen bits can go into stock.
Mum came for afternoon tea so I made scones and sent her home with a heap of them.
This week the boys came over and I hid geodes in a huge pile of rubble. So we had to hunt and dig for them then crack them open Well , we had a lot of rocks to crack and many were just regular rocks or clumps of soil. But then the first geode! Tom nearly lost his mind when he saw the crystals inside! He was literally screaming lol.
My ears are still bleeding.
Chase was happy with a hammer smashing clay clumps. No one lost an eye or a finger... we all looked like mad scientists with safety glasses on.
This was the best day ever apparently! I did this a few years ago with the girls. They went mad over it. I will have another round with my other Grandson when he comes to stay.
Mum made Lily a vest for next winter. My job is to finish the neckline and make her angel sleeves. And I am woking on a single bed size blanket.
It is still a work in progress and the yarn has a slight sparkle.
I am loving the colours of this blanket and it is all a use it up project.
It will have a really wide border and I can't wait to get up to that part!
This week the farmer took his bull home. I used reverse psychology as removing the bull had not gone well so this time I moved all the cows into the yards and guess who followed. So then the bull was loaded onto a trailer and the cows went back into my paddock. I had explained to the boys that coming up with a smarter plan is not giving up it is using your noggin. 😊
I kept working on my Spring garden. There are flowers everywhere and I think next week I can pick wildflowers and make up little posies to take to church for the ladies. And some for my vases too!
I offered my friend with the new baby boy a choice of pram sets (with the hats) and she chose the green and golden yellow. So the other set has gone into the gift cupboard.
What did you do this week to build up your nest, get ahead in any way? I like to think of ways to make future days easier when we need that bit of help. Those days happen for sure!
I thought of September 11 a lot. Even though I am in Australia that was a terrifying and horrific day. I hope today is a day of peace. xxx
Annabel, So happy you are back to being able to post your pictures. Your week has been full and fun with the boys. Your needlework and Mum's are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMy week flew by. We will be traveling next week so I wanted to use up odds and ends in frig. I made hand pies with 2 apples that we left and sweet potato casserole. The sweet potato ones taste like pumpkin. I also used the remainder of the casserole to make muffins with dried cranberries and walnuts added in.
We were able to buy some tomatoes from an Amish stand this week, it has been wonderful having fresh tomatoes, nothing like what is in a store. We have been having tomato sandwiches and salads.
We made a pot roast and had 3 meals from it. From the meat that was leftover after the first night we then made sandwiches on buns we had in the freezer.
When husband cooked tortellini this week he was able to use up the tomato and the basil pesto in the frig.
I am still working on using up little bits of yarn, I was able to make another washcloth and might even get 2 coaster if I am lucky.
We have been busy getting the house and vehicles ready for winter.
Prayers for all Bluebirds!